The 1st UCAD..


I felt the need to write on here after seeing so much support on facebook...

Today was UCAD and the aim of it was to raise as much awareness as possible to the world out there that not all children have a diagnosis and have a long battle to get one or may never ever get one...So many people held events throughout the UK to celebrate this day & I only wish I lived near to some of them to join in the celebrations and actually meet some fab SWAN friends face to face..but not yet...hopefully sometime in the future meetings...

We had a quiet day, just my family & I... we decided to take the boys to the beach as it was actually sunny for a change & knowing Reuben loves the sand & water we thought it would be a perfect day for it... we popped to Superdrug first and bought blue & pink colour spray for our hair! ( which is very painful to brush out at the end of the day!! ) Once we were wearing our colours we set off for the beach...Got lots of smiles at first in the car park when people saw our hair colours! Managed to get some pics of the boys in the sand before Roo decided to cry & scream which I'm sure the boats that were sailing by could hear...trying everything we could to calm him down we decided to get some food as thought maybe he was hungry... he sobbed through his lunch though it was clear he was hungry but he just didn't want to stop crying.. saw some twitching and wondered if it was that , that was upsetting him but couldn't say for sure...older two finished and carried on playing in the sand.. meanwhile I was trying my best to soothe Roo and came up with the genius idea of getting an ice cream as no child turns down ice cream right? Off we go and get ice cream for us all.. Roo takes one look and taste and proceeds to scream again...after lots of tutting and stares from other folk obviously displeased that their day out was taken over by the now hysterical screams so much to the dismay of the older two we decided to go back to the car... once we reach the car he calms down much to our relief and cuddles into me.. put him in his car seat and ten mins after driving he falls asleep hiccuping from the screaming... not the day we planned but that's to be expected as we are learning that Roo has his bad days and good days....

Anyway after getting home and getting Reuben settled to watch some cbeebies I go onto the laptop and I'm amazed at how much support I have gotten from my friends on Facebook! Some of them posted pictures which I will add at the bottom of this post...and many of you commented on my wall or tagged me to say that you were wearing pink/blue clothing to support Roo and his fellow SWANS ... I'm glad that I opened up with this blog to give people an insight into what life can be like with a special needs child - more specifically - an undiagnosed child...I was terrified of what other people would think of me but I was proved wrong especially today when I saw how much support myself and my fellow SWAN mums/dads got from everyone... I just want to say 
THANK YOU....

Pictures of our day out..

The following are some pictures from my friends on Facebook who were happy for me to post them onto here... 








Comments