The Curse of the Santa Hat!!


Roo was a winter baby, born in mid November so I bought a baby Santa hat that goes up to several months old and when he was 3/4wks old I tried it on and it fitted him perfectly albeit a little bit too big so thought it would be perfect for Christmas day in 2 wks time. On Christmas Eve I decided to take a photo of all my boys wearing  Santa hat and I was shocked to find that Roo Santa hat didn't fit properly..I even asked Warren if he accidentally washed it and shrunk it but he said he hadn't, we were both confused and couldn't believe his head would grow that fast. We put it to the back of our minds and had a lovely Christmas with family...later that night as Roo was sleeping on my bed Warren commented that his head looked quite large and I admit I too had thought it but thought I was being to paranoid. We decided that we would ask the HV during his 6wk check...but unfortunately it was delayed till he was 11wks old and it was then that we started our journey as his head measurement was off the scale....


I don't have any Santa hat pictures during Roo second & third Christmas as Roo hated anything on his head and got so upset that it just wasn't worth it... Last year we managed to get a picture as Roo started to develop a bit more tolerance to having something on his head. The hat fitted perfectly, same size as his brothers although it was a bit big on his older middle brother.


This year we put the same hat on him and unbelievably its too tight and we cant get it over his forehead! I knew his head had grown but slowly but I honestly didn't think it grew that much! He has now over taken everyone in the family and has a head measurement of 59cms. The curse of the Santa hat has struck again! Next year the challenge is on to find a bigger hat or I will resort to making one myself if his head continues to grow over the coming year.






Comments